Re: orion 2nd Century Flora & Fauna Query

 Barry,

The Society for the Preservation of Nature (a well known organization in
Israel -- I think it's called *Xevrah le-haganat ha-teva`*) must surely
have someone who knows about the topics you are pursuing.   They are the
ones who administer the nature preserve around En-gedi.

Unfortunately I have no idea of their address or e-mail. Maybe someone else
on this list can give it to you?

Judith Romney Wegner
jrw@brown.edu