Re: Who killed Goliath--David or Elhanan???

> From root@pluto.mscc.huji.ac.il Thu Jun 13 16:36 NZS 1996
>
> >"same" what? Sounds more like variants to me.
> Obviously, they're variants, but, let's hasten to add, of the same story.
>
> The situation gets more obscured when you take a story like Abraham and
> Sarah at the court of Abimelech (which also gets run as Abraham & Sarah at
> the court of Pharaoh) getting rehashed as Isaac and Rebekah -- you'd think
> that that old lech, Abimelech, would have learnt.

In the Sarah/Abraham Issac/Rebekah cases it looks to me like Abraham,
Sarah and Pharaoh is one case, Issac, Rebekah, and Abimelech another
and the incident with Abraham, Sarah, and Abimelech looks to be a
combination of the two. I would see two stories here not one or three.

Bill Rea, Computer Services Centre, \_ E-Mail     b.rea@csc.canterbury.ac.nz
Private Bag 4800                    </ or       cctr114@csc.canterbury.ac.nz
University of Canterbury,          /)  Phone    64-3-364-2331
Christchurch, New Zealand         (/'  Fax      64-3-364-2332
        Friends are the flowers in the garden of life. - Unknown