Re: Palestine

On:

From:           netzarim@netvision.net.il
Date sent:      Fri, 12 Apr 96 10:17:34 PDT
Subject:        Palestine

I didn't suggest it would be easy, but if scholars don't figure out the
answer with some precision and accuracy, who will?  If not us, then who?  If
not now, then when?

First of all, I still think this discussion resembles several on
IOUDAIOS and is not approbriate to ORION, which should be a DSS
forum. Second, if laymen think that they can just join a list and
then get free tuition, well, then some of us will have to say: Life
is too short for that and that there will probably be several
introductory courses around at universities and high schools intended
to educate also the unlearned. Furthermore, if the layman in question
is basing his argumentation on a rather naive reading of the Hebrew
Bible/the OT, which by all means is not am easy book to interprete, I
think that he can waste too much time. Could we have some rules?
Please

NPL

Niels Peter Lemche
Dep. Biblical Studies