Re: orion-list Amusin Thanks, 4QD biblio query

At 10:14 PM 8/16/00 EDT, Russell Gmirkin wrote:
>    I have another question, regarding the proper citation of 4QD
fragments.
>I have noticed that only rarely is there a correspondence between 4QD
>references in Charlotte Hempel's _The Laws of the Damascus Document_ (Brill,
>1998) and the numbering in the translation I habitually use by Garcia
>Martinez. For instance, a passage labeled 4QD(b) 6 ii 1-16 in Garcia
Martinez

I forwarded your question to Charlotte. Here is her explanation:

>In my book I used Baumgarten's numeration of the 4QD as found in DJD 18.
>
>Charlotte

Avital

Avital Pinnick, Ph.D.                             tel: 972-2-588-2063
Chief of Publications                             fax: 972-2-588-3584
Orion Center for the Study of the Dead Sea Scrolls, Hebrew University
http://orion.mscc.huji.ac.il - DSS bibliography updated weekly
For private reply, e-mail to Avital Pinnick <mspinnik@mscc.huji.ac.il>