Re: orion-list Nova in Spring, 5 BCE?

Perhaps the most convincing of recent work on the Star of Bethlehem is:

Kidger, Mark. 1999. The Star of Bethlehem:  An Astronomer's View.  Princeton:
Princeton University Press.  ISBN 0.691.05823.7.

Kidger argues for a combination of events, including a planetary massing
resulting from a triple conjunction, followed by the nova apparently noted by
ancient Chinese and Korean observers.

Dierk van den Berg wrote:

> The Capricorn hypothesis (Foucquet 1729) is still under debate today.
>
> Greetings,
> Dierk
>
> REFERENCES (I can't guarantee that):

[snip]

--

Stay Connected!

   --Bob Dietel
   --St Aidan, Camano Island; St Martin & St Francis,
    Rockport; and Transfiguration, Darrington
   --[cell] 425.876.4628
   --dietelb@edmonds.wednet.edu