Re: Copper Scroll (was Re: orion-list Essenes, Zias article, etc.

Now that I'm catching up on my Orion mail, I have to say that I concur
with Prof. Goranson about the likelihood of "ascetic groups" amassing
great wealth.

Certainly the one thing we learned about monastic communities during
the POVERTY of the Middle Ages is that they TOO could become extremely
wealthy ... and the economy was no where near as robust at that time
as it was during the height of Greek and Roman civilization.

I see NO reason to think that the DSS community could not have VAST
financial resources.

George Brooks
Tampa, FL

For private reply, e-mail to George Brooks <george.x.brooks@juno.com>