Re: orion Where were "they"?

    [The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set]

SAbramo884@aol.com wrote:

> I remember that the Donicels also found a purfume bottle(s?) at Qumram and
> proposed  that the site was some rich family home as a villa?
> Has anyone compaired the two purfume bottle finds the Ein-Gedi, and the new
> find and that which the Donicels found ?
> Steve Abramowitz
> NYU Law
> LLb/JD

	I have been wodering about this also.  I think it
fits more with the thesis that Qumran was an Agrarian center
and the inhabitants may have been cultivists and processors
of Balsam.  This would tie in the En-Gedi site where the Balsam
plants were cultivated to Qumran, perhaps where it was processed
and bottled.  This makes interesting one of the alternative
readings of the Ostracon where the proposed "yxd" reading was,
in fact ln)d..[h] "bottle."  If wkmltw is "when he completes"
perhaps we are missing the ending in the lacuna that would
suggest "bottling."

Jack
--
D’man dith laych idneh d’nishMA nishMA