orion Re: misrepresentation

Stephen Goranson wrote today:
   "Though I've been corrected before (at times justifiably), to the
   best of my knowledge, I had never been accused (unfairly, in this
   case) of anti-Jewish intentions.  (Anyone who knows me may correct
   me.)  It is hard to know how to respond to such an accusation, which
   came in posts from Copenhagen (1 to 4 list members, depending on
   interpretation) . . ."

This is absolutely false.  I am the one who criticized Stephen in a
post of 2 Sept for his unjustified rhetoric in regard to N. Golb (a
beloved former teacher, or rather adviser, of mine at UChi).  I spoke
for myself, only for myself, and am fully responsible for that post.
List members who wish may check the archives or their files for that
post and see for themselves whether I accused Stephen of anti-Jewish
intentions.  I never did, and neither did I read any other post from
Copenhagen doing so.  I might add that it would not occur to me to
charge Stephen of such a thing, then or now.  But I did not so charge
him.  I beg the moderator to note this kind of misrepresentation.

Greg Doudna

My post of 2 Sept read: