Re: orion misinformation corrected; more on dates and ID

At 09:24 AM 7/22/97 +0000, you wrote:
>For anyone who wishes to consult Pliny's list of sources--apparently
>not I.H.,

such ad hominems and ad hominem subject lines are most unhelpful; they do
not advance scholarship; and they show a definite spirit of pedantry.

> who wrote of his opinion as if it were a court of law-

>	Contrary to another misrepresentation by I.H.,

ibid.

>	In a gratuitous attempt at evasion, I.H.

Ibid.

> I.H.'s
>evasion was motivated by unhappiness that Josephus mentioned women and
>marriage.

Ibid.

>	The War 2 account of Essenes is--dare I say it--by a source--dare I say
>it--in the opinion of scholars, who have written learned comparisons of
>it with

ibid.

save the vitriolic for your Ph D defense.

JIm

Jim West, ThD
Adjunct Professor of Bible, Quartz Hill School of Theology

jwest@highland.net