Re: orion Essenes, Palms, Water level

On Tue, 22 Jul 1997 Dunnlaw@aol.com wrote:

> Jericho, I don't know.  Does anyone out there have a decent topographic map
> that would roughly locate the shore line if it was about 70 meters above its
> current locus?   This might cut off the current southern approach to the
> site.  I seem to remember seeing publically sold military maps of the seven

Hanan Eshel took members of the NEH Adam and Eve seminar (in Jerusalem,
last summer) to Qumran and, as I recall, made the point that access to
the south of Qumran by way of any road along the shore of the Dead Sea
would have been cut off by the water level in the first century.

David W. Suter
Saint Martin's College
Lacey, WA 98503
dsuter@catadon.stmartin.edu