Re: Thoughts of Beliya`al

Dear beney beliya'alm ubenotaw,
Just note for the record that the idea about beliyaal  < bl( is not my
own, but as I mentioned I seem to remember it from Moshe Weinfeld.  at
the meeting when I read his paper there was lively discussion on this
suggestion.  The major flaw was the writing with a yod.  Nonetheless, the
idea was not dismissed out of hand, and I think it should be batted
around a bit more.  I don't know what Weinfeld's publication plan on the
piece is.
Avigdor