Re: Thoughts of Beliya`al

Indeed, Philip Davis is certainly correct, Robert Eisenman has done
extensive work on this use of the image bl' (swallow) in the Scrolls, the
Nazarene/Ebionite movement, et al.  The main results of his work will appear
in his massive 1000pp work titled James the Brother of Jesus with Penguin to
be published in a month or so.  He sent me galleys and it is full of very
interesting and useful material ranging from Maccabean to early Islamic,
much of which remains of value with or without his dating of the life and
times of the TR into the 1st c. C.E..  Yes, it would indeed be more than
interesting to have Robert Eisenman on line for discussion.  I don't expect
it soon.

James Tabor