Re: AW: onias temple

>If we translate the DSS into modern dress it becomes very easy to understand
>the Dead Sea Scrolls.
[...]
>The Sadducees are the strict constructionists,  Conservative Republicans,[...]

I disagree, since the Sadducees were collaborators with the Romans and were
not neccessarily conservative, adopting many Hellenistic ideas.

>The Pharasees are the too Liberal Democrats.

Again, I disagree.  Pharase comes from Prushim, meaning separate, they did
not adopted the Hellenistic culture and their aim was to preserve Jewish
culture and religion.  Some were stricter than others (Shammai's school vs
Hillel's school). That makes them in some ways more conservative then the
Saduccees who adopted Hellenistic culture and did what the Romans asked.

>The wicked priest is [...] Bill Clinton [...]

Since you placed Pharisees as Democrats, which I disagree with, and since
the priesthood was run by the Saducees, this identifying the wicked priest
with Bill Clinton does not work.

>Steve Abramowitz
>JD NYU Law.

Gretchen A. Shapiro Haas