Essene and hatchet

To Herb Basser and Avigdor Horovitz,  I looked yesterday at Duke U. library
for the Pseudo-Rabad Commentary, but it wasn't on the shelf, so I ask
you whether you think G. Vermes made a valid criticism of the proposal.
Vermes responded to it in Revue de Qumran 1960 saying that hetzen coul
could philologically account for the Essenos form but not for the other
form without N, Essaios. (The same issue would relate to Akkadian hassinu,
presumably.) So do you disagree, by claiming it can account for the
Essaios form, or do you agree with Judith Romney Wegner that these two
Greek forms have separate etymologies (as K. Kohler and others said)?
Thanks,
Stephen Goranson
Visiting Asst. Prof
UNC-Wilmington
home address: 706 Louise Circle J, Durham NC 27705