Re: Golb and Asphalt

Brad Harrison wrote:

> If Qumran was not occupied by those whom deposited the scrolls,
> then why were there unique storage jars found in both sites, but no
> where else in Palestine? Why no weapons? I can do this forever.
>
>      Lechem
>
> aka: Brad Harrison
> Gratz College

I prefer to see Qumran Qumran as a repository for the
Jerusalem Temple. When Herod destroys the public records
held at the Temple, Temple officials take anything that
might smack of being anti-Herodian (secterian manuscripts)
and transfer the scrolls to the repository. I agree with
Brad that the fort is simply not there, (and neither  are
the Essenes).

Eric Forster
Trinity