Just wondering...

Just wondering aloud,
Has anyone suggested that
1) the inhabitants of Qumran in its earliest settlement were Jews, who lived
there until the  Roman war of 66.
2) that these Jews left because of the Romans (or were killed by the Romans)
3) and that then Qumran was inhabited by Christians until some indefinite
period.

If this is possible- then it is also possible that the Greek manuscripts of
cave 7 were deposited by Christians- which would then support Theide's thesis.

As I said, I am just wondering aloud.  I am certain I shall be blasted for
the suggestion- but I am curious concerning what you all think about it.

Thanks,

Jim West
(a.k.a. the Gadfly, as I was known in my Seminary days)