The First International Symposium
12-14 MAY, 1996 - Hebrew University of Jerusalem
BIBLICAL PERSPECTIVES: EARLY USE AND INTERPRETATION OF THE BIBLE IN LIGHT OF THE DEAD SEA SCROLLS
- G. ANDERSON,"The Law before Sinai in the DSS and Paul"
- J. BAUMGARTEN,"Scripture and Law in 4Q265"
- G. BROOKE,"Shared Textual Interpretations in the DSS and NT"
- S. FRAADE,Looking for Legal Midrash at Qumran"
- G. NICKELSBURG,A Haggadic Tendency in the Genesis Apocryphon"
- F. SCHMIDT,Ancient Jewish Astrology: An Attempt to Interpret 4QCryptic (4Q186)
- U. RAPPAPORT,"The Use of the Bible in I Maccabees" ,
- D. SCHWARTZ, "The Use of the Bible in II Maccabees"
- I. FRUHLICH,'Narrative Exegesis' in the DSS and Questions of the Genre Pesher
- M. KISTER, "A Common Heritage: Biblical Interpretation at Qumran and its Implications"
- E. Schuller,"The Teminology of Prayer in the Bible and the DSS"
- B. Nitzan,"Post-biblical Rib Pattern Admonitions in 4Q302/302a & 4Q381 67, 76-77"
- S. Talmon,"Re-living Biblical Israel in the Greco-Roman Period"
- M. Bernstein,"Early Jewish Biblical Interpretation before and after Qumran"
- D. Dimant,"Time and Torah at Qumran"
- E. Main, "For King Jonathan or Against Him: On the Use of the Bible in 4Q448"
- L. SCHIFFMAN, "The Case of the Day of Atonement Ritual"
- M. Weinfeld, "High Treason According to Deuteronomy and its Interpretation in the Temple Scroll"
- A. Rofe,"4QMidrSam?": Observations Concerning the Character of 4QSam a"
- E. TOV, "The Rewritten Book of Joshua in Qumran and Masada"
- M. Morgenstern,"The Song of Noah in the Genesis Apocryphon"
- J. Kugel,"Some Examples of Ancient Biblical Interpretation"
S. Japhet, G.W.E. Nickelsburg;
M. E. Stone, presiding
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT PAPERS
The names listed in capital letters have complete papers posted.
Papers that appear on this page are unedited, unrevised
prepublication versions. They are not to be cited.
Copyright belongs to the authors. They will appear eventually in edited,
revised versions as part of our proceedings series. Greek and Hebrew texts
have not been formatted.