Re: orion-list Essene Garments

It might help to mention where you have seen Essenes "depicted." In other
words, I am not aware of ancient depictions. There are, for example,
woodcuts of an Essene, Pharisee, and Sadducee in the Nuremberg Chronicle,
circa 1490, but I suppose that tells us more about that time than the
second temple period.

Stephen Goranson
goranson@duke.edu

For private reply, e-mail to Stephen Goranson <goranson@duke.edu>