RE: orion-list guilty corpses

    [ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-8" character set.  ]

With regard to Rochelle's analysis of the war scroll as fiction, note that
Judith appears to mix history and fantasy in the first eight chapters to set
the narrative up as fiction.  My analysis of Judith is that the book is
written as a deliberate criticism of Judah the Maccabee (cf. "Judith") who
doesn't do what Judith does at the end of the story -- ie, go home and live
her life out in obscurity.

David Suter
Saint Martin's College
For private reply, e-mail to "Suter, David" <dsuter@stmartin.edu>