orion-list Etymology Question (See Notice Below) (fwd)

Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 13:41:37 -0500
From: Hope_Rosenbaum_Werner@deweyballantine.com
To: orion@mscc.huji.ac.il
Subject: orion-list Etymology Question (See Notice Below)

List Members:  First, I'm sorry that I've cross-posted.  A friend and I were
wondering over lunch whether hubris (Greek) and chutzpah (Hebrew) could be
cognates.  I thought chutzpah was Yiddish and therefore couldn't be related to
hubris.  I appear to be wrong -- it is Hebrew.  Any thoughts?
Best Regards,
Hope

       This e-mail message is confidential, intended only for the named
recipient(s) above and may contain information that is privileged, attorney work
product or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received
this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately
notify the sender at (212) 259-8000 and delete this e-mail message from your
computer. Thank you.