RE: orion-list Kuhn and Popper

    [ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-8" character set.  ]

I'll stay out of the fray on this one, but latest issue of the JBL just
arrived in my mailbox with an article by Robert F. Shedinger entitled
"Kuhnian Paradigms and Biblical Scholarship: Is Biblical Studies a Science?"
(Vol. 119, Fall 2000, pp. 453-71).  Forgive me if the article has already
been noted in previous posts (I've deleted them and cannot readily check),
but if not, I though that it would be of interest.  A quick glance indicates
that it discusses Golb's work, and the conclusion suggests that the
discipline belongs to the humanities, where a multiplicity of paradigms are
essential, rather than to the sciences.

David Suter
Saint Martin's College

For private reply, e-mail to "Suter, David" <dsuter@stmartin.edu>