Fw: orion-list Genesseret, a "Brancher" Town?

Jack Kilmon wrote that the "nazor-enes" were "known as the
"Branchers."  And that if the root of the word "Genneseret"
".... if it was Hebrew, would have to be N-TZ-R to relate to
the "Nazor-enes".

Well, let's explore that.

1) ORIGINAL HEBREW WORD FOR TOWN & LAKE:
STRONG's #: 03672
Kinn@rowth {kin-ner-oth'} or Kinnereth {kin-neh'-reth}
              respectively pl. and sing. fem. from the same as 03658;; n
pr
              loc  AV - Chinnereth 4, Chinneroth 2, Cinneroth 1; 7
              Chinneroth or Cinneroth or Chinnereth = "harps"
              1) the early name of the Sea of Galilee
              2) a town and district in Naphtali near the Sea of Galilee

And below we read a discussion of the term from the EASTON BIBLE
DICTIONARY, with a proposed "drift" from "Chinnereth" to "Genezar"
and/or to "Gennesaret".

2) FROM EASTON's BIBLE DICTIONARY:
Gennesaret: a garden of riches. (1.) A town of Naphtali, called
Chinnereth
          (Josh. 19:35), sometimes in the plural form Chinneroth (11:2).
In later times the
          name was gradually changed to Genezar and Gennesaret (Luke
5:1).
          (2.) The Lake of Gennesaret, the Grecized form of CHINNERETH
(q.v.).
          (See GALILEE, SEA OF ¯T0001418.)

Strong's GREEK #1082:
Gennesaret {ghen-nay-sar-et'}
              of Hebrew origin, cf 03672;; n pr loc
              AV - Gennesaret 3; 3, Gennesaret = "a harp"
              1) a lake also called the sea of Galilee or the sea of
Tiberias

Naturally, what interested me was why "gen-Nesaret" became the
slang term for the town, instead of another Greek word for "Harp",
like this word:

Strong's GREEK #2788:
kithara {kith-ar'-ah}, of uncertain affinity;; n f, AV - harp 4; 4

While neither Greek word is VERY similar to the Hebrew
Kinneroth/Kinnereth,
"gen-Nesaret" is certainly an odd choice since it contains the "s" sound.

And then I remembered Jack Kilmon's comment about any link to Mandaean
or New Testament baptizers (i.e., to either version of the
"nas/zor-enes")
would need some link to the hebrew term "branch".

Low and behold, the definition for Hebrew #3672 (Kinneroth)
says that it is the same as Hebrew #3658.  And right next to
this word, #3657, is the word "Kannah":

03657 kannah {kaw-naw'}
              from 03661; TWOT - 999b; n f
              AV - vineyard 1; 1
              1) root, support (of tree), shoot, stock

Another word, with a similar sound, is Hebrew
# 07070:
qaneh {kaw-neh'}
from 07069; TWOT - 2040a; n m
AV - reed 28, branch 24, calamus 3, cane 2, stalk 2,
balance 1, bone 1, spearmen 1; 62

Here we see the SPECIFIC use of the term "branch".

Which brings us full circle to the Hebrew term, #05342
netser {nay'-tser}
from #05341 in the sense of greenness as a striking
colour; TWOT - 1408a; n m
              AV - branch 4; 4
              1) sprout, shoot, branch (always fig.)

Thoughts?  Comments?