Re: orion-list IOU: Messianic Apocalypse in DSS and Matt 11:2-6

On Sat, 17 Jun 2000, Jeffrey B. Gibson wrote:

> Among the many things which made this a wonderful experience  was seeing
> at first hand the so-called "Messianic Apocalypse" in which there are
> substantial formal and verbal parallels to Jesus' answer to the
> baptist's disciples in Matt 11:2-6 and par.  I'm sure I'm not the first
> to see this, but (and probably because I haven't yet looked) I'm not
> aware of any published material on the parallels and/or what the
> "Messianic apocalypse" signifies in terms of the meaning or
> interpretation of Matt 11:2-6.
>
> So I'd be grateful for any bibliographical references  List members can
> point me to.
>
> Yours,
>
> Jeffrey
> --
> Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon.)
> 7423 N. Sheridan Road #2A
> Chicago, Illinois 60626
> e-mail jgibson000@home.com

You might try doing a search on our bibliography page.

Avital

Avital Pinnick, Ph.D.                             tel: 972-2-588-1230
List Moderator/Chief of Publications              fax: 972-2-588-3584
Orion Center for the Study of the Dead Sea Scrolls, Hebrew University
http://orion.mscc.huji.ac.il - DSS bibliography updated weekly.

For private reply, e-mail to Avital Pinnick <mspinnik@mscc.huji.ac.il>