[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
orion-list Research grants/master's thesis award
Orion Center Research Grants 1999-2000
The Orion Center invites applicants for its research grants (up to $2000).
Preference is given to junior scholars (Ph.D. students and post-doc).
The grants are for research on the Dead Sea Scrolls and associated
literature, in all relevant disciplines. Preference is given to
integrative studies involving the Scrolls and other aspects of Second
Temple period research, and to scholars whose research can only be carried
out in Israel.
1. Applications should be submitted in Hebrew or English to The Orion
Center, Rm. 6310, Humanities Building, Hebrew University, Mt. Scopus,
Jerusalem 91905, ISRAEL, in a sealed envelope marked "Grant Application".
The deadline is May 25, 2000. The name of the applicant must appear on
2. A detailed description of the proposed research must be included,
outlining the method, goals and forthcoming publications.
3. Topic of research and a short description in English.
4. Curriculum vitae.
5. Names and addresses of two referees.
6. Form with personal details (may be obtained at the Orion Center).
Master's Thesis Award
The Orion Center is offering an award for an outstanding Master's thesis
on research on the Dead Sea Scrolls and associated literature, in all
relevant disciplines. Preference is given to integrative studies involving
the importance of the Scrolls in other aspects of Second Temple period
research and to researchers whose work may only be conducted in Israel.
The amount of the award is 4000 NIS. The award is for a thesis that is
approved during 1999-2000.
Master's degree candidates are required to submit the following:
1. A copy of the thesis and an abstract in English and Hebrew.
2. Advisor's recommendation and a reference from another instructor.
3. Form with personal details (may be obtained at the Orion Center).
4. Applications must be written in Hebrew or English and received by the
Orion Center, Rm. 6310, Humanities Building, Mt. Scopus, Jerusalem 91905,
ISRAEL, in a sealed envelope marked "Award Application." The deadline is
May 25, 2000.
Avital Pinnick, Ph.D. tel: 972-2-588-1230
List Moderator/Chief of Publications fax: 972-2-588-3584
Orion Center for the Study of the Dead Sea Scrolls, Hebrew University
http://orion.mscc.huji.ac.il - DSS bibliography updated weekly.
For private reply, e-mail to Avital Pinnick <email@example.com>
To unsubscribe from Orion, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with
the message: "unsubscribe Orion." For more information on the Orion Center
or for Orion archives, visit our web site http://orion.mscc.huji.ac.il.