Re: orion-list re. John The Baptist

Dierk,

Even if we interpret "girdle" as only a belt, the
belt is STILL made of leather.

I'm not sure James, the "brother" of Jesus would
wear a leather belt.  And if Jesus was remaining
more or less "true" to the traditions of his family
of origin in the "basics" (like wearing clothing that
had fringes, or honoring some but not all of the
other customs), AND if we believe Jesus was
related to John the Baptist through his mother,
then we might conclude that Jesus might have
been a little more lax than his own "tribe" or
tribe, while John the Baptist might have been a
little more "extreme" than the Jesus/John clan.

George Brooks
Tampa, FL

For private reply, e-mail to George Brooks <george.x.brooks@juno.com>