Re: orion-list re. John The Baptist

    [The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set]
    [Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-8" character set]

> Considering the emphasis on linen apparel,
> I would think that despite John the Baptist's
> obvious Essene like ways, his animal-skin
> clothing might have been considered quite
> a defilement.

No - what you see is an Eliyah-redivivus.
"He was an hairy man, and girt with a girdle of leather about his loins. And
he said, It is Eliyah the Tishbite." [2 Ki 1:8; KJV]

Best regards,
D.

For private reply, e-mail to "Dierk van den Berg" <haGalil@gmx.net>