Re: orion-list "case for 63 BCE," Doudna, Qumran Chronicle

    [The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set]
    [Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-8" character set]

Gregory L. Doudna wrote, in the first of 5 "Conclusions":

"The end of internal references after 63 BCE is total and *permanent*,
without exception."  (Qumran Chronicle 8 no. 4 p.88; my **s)

That's one of Ian's basic axioms. Herein internal references are equalized
with the mentioning of a historical figure. Thus, the necessity to show
names is presupposed for dating. Consequently the internal political
atmosphere of the texts becomes irrelevant within the scenario. Not because
the atmosphere is contra-productive, but because of its *permanent* 'trend
to continuity'. That leads us to Ian's second axiom: Events will be
commentated by the authors *without* a waste of time, however brutal the
created facts may be. Thus the creativity fades away together with - not
after - Aemilius. But such ad-hoc commentaries presuppose a decisive
internal distance of the, ergo not involved, authors from the events.
I have already tried to discuss the political relations to the world outside
the yachad with Ian elsewhere on the Web. The result was that we both share
the theorem of Frederik the Great: "Jeder kann nach seiner Façon selig
werden!"
That's not much but more than nothing.

Dierk

For private reply, e-mail to "Dierk van den Berg" <haGalil@gmx.net>