Re: orion-list Josephus Vita 9-12

Bob,

Thanks for taking the trouble to transcribe the two translations along
with your comments.  Could we conclude that by eating only what grows of
itself, Bannus is following an interpretation of the agricultural rules
for the seventh year and the Jubilee year from Leviticus 25, including
proclaiming "liberty throughout the land to all its inhabitants," which
would perhaps fit with a Zealot perspective?

With regard to Baptist sects, this is probably not what you're looking
for, but I seem to recall that Bultmann makes a good deal of that
argument in his Theology of the New Testament.

David Suter
Saint Martin's College
--
David W. Suter, Ph.D.