Re: orion-list The "Doers" Appear Yet Again!

I accept Prof. Baumgarten's point that Bannus's "Essene past"
(shall I even say, his Essene "nature") "remains an inference, not
an explicit statement of Josephus".  I will not suggest anything
otherwise.  For my purposes the inference is quite persuasive
and sufficient.

I look forward to getting the time to reviewing the reference
you offer.  Having had a computer crash which caused me to
lose most of my transcribed and archived citation list, I am
completely sympathetic to the limits of what can be accomplished
when one's library is not available to him or her.

George Brooks
Tampa, FL
For private reply, e-mail to George Brooks <george.x.brooks@juno.com>