Re: orion-list The "Doers" Appear Yet Again!

I think I wrote that one could infer that Bannus had an Essene past and
that this inference was either more or less persuasive, but it remained an
inference, not an explicit statement of Josephus. The difference between
inferences and explicit statements should not be overlooked. I guess that
is my main point.
I am on the road now, away from home and a library. Perhaps those
interested in this passage from Life might have a look at Steve Mason's
discussion of it in his article in Journal of Jewish Studies a few years
back. I apologize for not having the exact reference.
Al Baumgarten

For private reply, e-mail to Albert Baumgarten <baumgaa@mail.biu.ac.il>