Re: orion-list The "Doers" Appear Yet Again!

Please re-read the passage in Life in which Josephus describes Bannus and
his time with him. Josephus notes that he spent a year learning the ways
of Pharisees, Sadducees and Essenes, and then three with Bannus. He never
connects Bannus with the Essenes in any way. We may infer that Bannus had
an Essene past (based on his diet, for example), but that is our inference
(for better or worse) and should be carefully distinguished from what
Josephus says.
Al Baumgarten

For private reply, e-mail to Albert Baumgarten <baumgaa@mail.biu.ac.il>