Re: orion-list evidently not 63 BCE

Dear Stephen Goranson,

    I agree that Doudna's bibliographical citation on Gezer was less than
complete (as was that of Cross in his original article, though I find Cross's
omissions deliberately misleading).  My own reading on the Gezer boundary
stones is less than exhaustive, but I think adequate; however, I appreciate
your mention of additional sources on same.
    I do tend to believe that the Qumran corpus included texts older than the
last generation of the occupation of the site.  However, I do not agree that
the 63 BCE proposal is yet to be excluded.

    Sincerely,
    Russell Gmirkin

For private reply, e-mail to RGmyrken@aol.com