Re: orion-list More Detail vs. Less Detail - - Hippolytus vs. Josephus?

    [The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set]
    [Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-8" character set]

George says:

> The latter position is **exactly** my position, that Josephus and
> Hippolytus depend on a common source (I repeat, a common
> source).
>
> As soon as I read both writers it was obvious to me.

... as it was to Robert Eisenman...:-)

> Hippolytus
> never swore an Essenian oath.

Reason:
"But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by
the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay,
nay; lest ye fall into condemnation." (Jak 5:12; AV)

With a Mandaean blubb-blubb,
Dierk

For private reply, e-mail to "Dierk van den Berg" <haGalil@gmx.net>