Re: orion-list Nova in Spring, 5 BCE?

    [The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set]
    [Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-8" character set]

The Capricorn hypothesis (Foucquet 1729) is still under debate today.

Greetings,
Dierk

REFERENCES (I can't guarantee that):

Bulmer-Thomas, Ivor 1992, Quarterly Journal of the Royal Astronomical
Society,
Vol. 33, p. 363

Clark, D. H., Parkinson, J. H. and Stephenson, F. R., "An Astronomical Re-
Appraisal of the Star of Bethlehem - A Nova of 5 BC," Quarterly Journal of
the Royal Astronomical Society, vol. 18, 443-449,1977.

Cullen, C., "Can We Find the Star of Bethlehem in Far Eastern Records?,"
Quarterly Journal of the Royal Astronomical Society, vol. 20,153- 159,1979.

Ferrari d'Occhieppo, K., "The Star of Bethlehem," Quarterly Journal of the
Royal Astronomical Society, vol. 19, 517-520, 1978.

Freitag, R. S., The Star of Bethlehem; A List of References, Washington: U.
S. Government Printing Office, 1979.

Hughes, David W. 1976, Nature, Vol. 264, p. 513;
-  The Star of Bethlehem: An Astronomer'sConfirmation,
New York: Walker & Co., 1979.
- "When Was That Christmas Star?," Griffith Observer, December 1980, pp.
2-9.

Humphreys, Colin J. 1991, Quarterly Journal of the Royal Astronomical
Society,
Vol. 32, p. 389Banos, G., "Was the Star of Bethlehem the Planet Uranus?,"
Astronomy Quarterly, vol. 3, 165-168, 1980.

Seymour, J. and Seymour, M. W., "The Historicity of the Gospels and
Astronomical Events Concerning the Birth of Christ," Quarterly Journal of
the Royal Astronomical Society, vol. 19,194-197,1978.

Sinnott, R. W., "Thoughts on the Star of Bethlehem," Sky and Telescope, vol.
36, 384-386, 1968.