Re: orion-list 4Q448

    [The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set]
    [Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-8" character set]

Marcus hits the point:

> My point, which was I'll concede fairly sharply worded, merely suggested
> that the identification of the teacher of righteousness with Judah the
> Essene was an attempt to link one comparatively unknown character with
> another. We have (as far as I'm aware) only Josephus's evidence for the
> latter's existence, and he appears in just this one instance.

Enough wise information to construct a beautiful new scenario in the direct
neighborhood of Onias the Circledrawer, now as hidden as his hidden grandson
Hanan...

Dierk

For private reply, e-mail to "Dierk van den Berg" <haGalil@gmx.net>