Re: orion-list Scriptorium & Eisenman

At 05:45 AM 10/12/99 +0000, you wrote:
>Sorry, Jim, you have missed my point. I'm quite familiar with Eisenman's
>views, but I don't think he has written on the BIBLICAL TEXT in the DSS,

I did miss your point.  Sorry.  And so far as I know Eisenman hasn't written
a word specifically about the text of the Bible.

>which is what the Scriptorium conference is all about. If he has made
>contributions to TEXTUAL study (i.e. Biblical Text), I'd like to know
>about them. He has tended to be concerned more with historical
>reconstruction and the interpretation of the various (mostly non-biblical)
>fragments, not with TEXTUAL work as such. Or am I missing something?

I have never seen anything by Eisenman on the biblical text per se.

Best,

Jim
Jim West, ThD
email- jwest@highland.net
web page-  http://web.infoave.net/~jwest

'Mythology is what never was but always is.' Stephen of Byzantium

For private reply, e-mail to Jim West <jwest@highland.net>