orion-list a good introduction - THE FIRST MESSIAH - TEACHER OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Dear Alexander Harvey:

I just finished THE FIRST MESSIAH by Michael O. Wise.  It is a BRILLIANT
re-interpretation of popular AND obscure Dead Sea texts.  It was
published
just a few months ago, so I hope you consider it "new" enough.

This is NOT a book that everyone is going to agree on, but I found his
argument for WHO and WHEN the Teacher of Righteousness was
writing to be QUITE compelling.  Sometimes he "stretches" things, but
he almost always ADMITS when he is doing this.  And there are other
things that I think he could have "EXTENDED" but he didn't feel the
need.

I STRONGLY recommend this book to the entire list.  The only reason
some of list members won't like it is because it does such a good job
demolishing OPPOSING theories.  I think it is quite persuasive about
identifying The Teacher of Righteousness.

George Brooks
Tampa, FL
George.X.Brooks@JUNO.com

For private reply, e-mail to George Brooks <george.x.brooks@juno.com>