Re: orion-list 63 BCE; 4QMishC >However is this a complete understanding of this text? Ian >has proposed (I hope I paraphrase his sense accurately) >that rather than a timeless recurring 6-year cycle priestly >course sequence, that this IS an annal--like a chronicle or >diary--although from a priestly point of view.

Not all annals/chronicles use linear time: this is just another example
of cyclical time. It's the standard method to record reigns used by the
Mayans and some other Indian groups... it's used in a 15 year cycle in
many typical medieval Christian annal records... and, as a matter of course,
notes important secular events written next to the religious calendar...
so what else is new?

Sigh
--
Dr. Rochelle I. Altman, co-coordinator IOUDAIOS-L  risa@hol.gr