Re: orion-list writing systems, details

Good Morning, Stephen,

I did not identify the text as 1QS - Bob and Greg did. I also made
it explicitly clear that my photos of, and notes on, this document
are quite old and it was referred to as "The Manual of Discipline"
OR "The Community Rule." As you may have noted, after jumping on the
id as from 1QS (including identifying graphs in some of the appropriate
lines), Greg has now changed his mind. You are probably correct in
your id of "column one of 1QSa, 1Q28a, serek ha'edah (called rule of
the congregation and sometimes called an appendix to 1QS.)"

Note that whether one calls it "the rule of the congregation" or
"the community rule" or "the manual of discipline." my comment on
the translation of the incipit still holds true.

Thanks for your input,

Rochelle

--
Dr. Rochelle I. Altman, co-coordinator IOUDAIOS-L  risa@hol.gr