Re: orion-list Radiocarbon

In a message dated 8/14/99 11:31:13 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tsimms@mailserv.nbnet.nb.ca writes:

> Now, if there were OTHER contaminations such as pollen
>     from plants that ceased to exist locally at a precise,
>     and clear date, we would have another dating standard
>     besides textual references.  So far as I know, we
>     don't.

How practical is L/D Amino Acid Racemization dating, for example, if applied
to the scroll skins or the hair on their back? Has it been tried? Does it
work? It should give a relative date, that is, which scroll proteins died
earlier and which died later.

Michael Friends
For private reply, e-mail to MFriends@aol.com