Re: orion-list Pliny Qumran analysis

That is an assumption. Qumran was not known nor is it yet
today (waiting for a good published excavation report
before I will be convinced of anything). Qumran was not
"known". Certainly it was on someones field survey. Glueck
may have even mentioned it. But it was as common as all the
other settlements in the area, and it was not yet
investigated to suggest when it was occupied. And if so
chances would be it would be considered Roman, at that time.
And it is an assuption that every one (other than the most
die hard archeologist) heard of Qumran.

Brad Harrison