orion-list repair patch

Greg,
    Let's see if I have this story right.
    I've been reading your essay "Dating and Radiocarbon Analysis" in _The
Dead Sea Scrolls after 50 Years_. On page 450 you mention 4Q22 as having a
repair patch. The patch was applied some time after the writing of the text
and was C14 dated to BP 2024
+/- 39 or sometime between 51 BCE and 47 CE. thesimilarity in the C14 dating
of 4Q22
and the C14 dating of the patch in an *indicator* that neither was affected
by contamina-tion.
    May I not also draw the conclusion that someone had access to 4Q22 after
the time of Pompey?
    Best,
Virgil Brown
For private reply, e-mail to VirgBrown@aol.com