Re: orion-list Quote in Josephus relating to the Giants

    [The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set]
    [Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-8" character set]

David Suter said:

>You might check out the references to giants in the index to Charlesworth,
>Old Testament Pseudepigrapha.  Pseudo-Eupolemus implies that the giants are
>the source of astrology (via Abraham), but some of the other references to
>the giants in the Pseudepigrapha might give you a hit.

I would also suggest _Books of Enoch_ (Josef T. Milik, Matthew Black,
Oxford:Clarendon Press, 1976), in which Milik collects a number of witnesses
relating to Giant traditions in support of his theory that a Book of Giants
was part of a five book Enochic "pentateuch" among the Qumran sect. See
particularly pp. 298-364 and various places in passing. The subject appears to
be covered in fair detail in the index.

Regards,

Dave Hindley
Cleveland, Ohio, USA