Re: orion-list Quote in Josephus relating to the Giants

    [The following text is in the "iso-2022-jp" character set]
    [Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-8" character set]

Larry VanBeek wrote:

> Hello
>
> This question was asked of me and I do not have a concoradance to Josephus
> which lists anything like this.  Does anyone know the reference?  It's a
> quote which states, paraphrased, that "the giants were experts in astronomy,
> which they learned
> from their fathers the Sons of Gods".

The quote does not look exact, but quite similar. The passage is Jewish
Antiquities Book 1, 69.

Akio ITO
Tokyo Christian University
For private reply, e-mail to Akio ITOU <akioitojapan@nrm.root.or.jp>