Re: orion-list Re: self-definition

Dear list members,

I would just like to thank all those people who responded to my request regarding those of you who find there a compelling case for the 'osey etymology of the term Essene.

If I can judge by the responses I received both on and off the list, there was a resounded lack of enthusiasm for the etymology, which would normally be an indication for the proposer to reconsider his enthusiasm.

A number of members have led me to believe that they no longer actively participate because of the atmosphere sometimes found on the list. My request has brought some of those non-paticipators out of hiding and for that I'm grateful. There is still so much to discuss.

Thank you.

Ann Elk

(This name is for Monty Python fans)

My Pmail address is: