Re: orion-list Agriculture in the DSS

    [The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set]
    [Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-8" character set]

A few days ago I asked for information on agriculture in the DSS.
I don't know if there is really none, and even if there is some, unlike in
the research of other preindustrial societies like classical Greece or Rome
it probably played no decisive role in the DSS research...
But I guess who has fed an protected the scribes in their exile or
thereafter [Ez 20:33-38] when ha-'areç allegedly remained in a kind of
permanent Shabbat [Lev 26:33-35] if not the light-armed rbjm of the Poor [Ex
23:11] by ravaging the cropland and cutting off the local fruit trees to
build temporary fortified camps?

Shalom
Dierk