Re: orion-list 2Macc's "Daphne near Antioch"

     "Andronicus, who assassinated the son of Seleucus and who was in turn
put to death, willingly lent himself to an impious and terrible crime, only
to share the same fate as his victim.  For it is the practice of potentates
to save themselves from danger at the expense of their friends."  Diodorus of
Sicily 30.7.2-3 [Loeb translation].
     Russell Gmirkin

For private reply, e-mail to RGmyrken@aol.com