orion-list Apologies to All

Dear List Members,

I would like to offer an apology to all who were offended by my comments about 'closed
minds' and 'power struggles'. I have taught history for over 30 years now. And I meant
to say that the history of new ideas has always been met with great resistance,
especially by those with vested interests to protect.

Darwin's radical ideas about evolution were not welcomed with open arms by the scholarly
community suppossedly dedicated to the search for scholarly truth; Wellhausen's new
paradigm/model to account for the OT's origins was greeted initially with the same
amount approbation. And so it must be that the new radical ideas about the OT's origins
really being the 2nd and 1st centuries BCE and a Hasmonean creation, must also go their
bath of fire and outrage too.

Again, My Apolgies to those who were offended,

Walter Reinhold Warttig Mattfeld
Walldorf by Heidelberg
Baden-Wurttemburg
Germany