Re: orion Ref: Henoch 108 (Catchwords and Memory Joggers)

> I did not in any way mean to imply that this was an impossible feat for a
>human being to accomplish the feat of memorising the text of I Henoch we
>ready today  (years ago I met a fourteen year old boy of only average
>intelligence who had set the entire Koran to memory by the time he was 11)

<snip>

>I will address the problem of "what is Essenoid" (Essene/Esseenic), "what
>is Christian" , "what is pre-Christian" etc. in more detail in another
>posting---clearly this whole subject is far too vast and complex  for quick

This thread is running rather far from the purposes of this list. I suggest
that those of you who wish to continue the discussion move it to private
e-mail. I also remind you that there is a suggested limit of 4K for postings.

Avital Pinnick

Avital Pinnick, Ph.D.                             tel: 972-2-588-2063
List Moderator/Chief of Publications              fax: 972-2-588-3584
Orion Center for the Study of the Dead Sea Scrolls, Hebrew University
http://orion.mscc.huji.ac.il - DSS bibliography updated weekly.
For private reply, e-mail to Avital Pinnick <mspinnik@mscc.huji.ac.il>