THE DIDACHE, FASTING & THE DEAD SEA COMMUNITY

Prof. Goranson suggests that I be mores specific about my request
for information regarding fasting and the Dead Sea Community.  I
appreciate his advice.

Does anyone have an opinion about whether the Dead Sea Community
fasted twice a week in the same way as mentioned in the Didache?  For
those who may not recall, this early Christian document referred to
Christians
(presumably Jewish Christians) fasting on two different days from the
"hypocrites."

Would these be the Pharisees or would it be Essene or Ebionite-style
communities?

George Brooks
George.X.Brooks@JUNO.com
Tampa, Florida U.S.A.